- QPR Training Adults
December 14, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
QPR (Question. Persuade. Refer.) Suicide prevention Training – Learn these 3 steps to help save a life from suicide.
About this Event
NOTE: this session is for adults.
QPR stands for Question, Persuade and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help.
KEY COMPONENTS COVERED IN TRAINING:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who could be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
For more information about this evidence-based practice, go to qprinstitute.com Cost: FREE (thanks to a grant from Horizon Foundation)
When & Where: All trainings are offered via ZOOM (link emailed 24 hours before training)
For questions regarding the training please contact Amanda@grassrootscrisis.org