- YMHFA - Virtual Session
October 23, 2020
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Grassroots is partnering with Howard County General Hospital to offer a free Youth Mental Health first Aid.
The 6- hour Course Includes:
- A 2-hour self-paced online course
- A 4.5 hour instructor led class via Zoom
Learn to assist a young person, from 12-18 years of age, who may be experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis. In this updated and virtual format, participants will complete a 2-hour, self-paced course online before participating in a 4-hour, instructor-led class via Zoom. This course is recommended for adults who interact with youth, including teachers, coaches, faith leaders, parents, school staff, and caring citizens. Registration will be accepted up until 10 days prior to the class session.
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness and substance use
- How to interact with an adolescent in a crisis
- How to connect the youth to appropriate help
- The Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
To register go to www.hcgh.org/events
Venue: Online Zoom Session