Current Openings (as of June 2019)
Position Title: Shift Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: Evening/Weekends: Evening and Weekend Residential Assistants
Reports to: Shelter Director
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The shift supervisor oversees the shift activities, handles unusual situations as they arise, and provides direct support to shelter guests.
- Handles usual and unusual situations as they arise, seeking supervisory feedback as needed, from Assistant Shelter Director, or in his/her absence the Shelter Director or Executive Director
- Works closely with weekend and evening staff to support program needs
- Documents unusual incident and makes recommendations regarding follow up
- Ensures that an end-of-shift email is sent to Assistant Director to update on the events of the shift
- Assists with shelter intakes
- Assists with training and orientation of new staff
- Oversees client activities to ensure smooth evenings/weekends
- Anticipates and when possible proactively plans for guest needs or concerns
- Provides direct support services to shelter residents as needed
- Acts as liaison between shelter and crisis staff
- Reconciles the petty cash at the beginning and end of the shift
- Accepts donations from the community
- Participates on special committees as requested by the supervisor or Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Brings enthusiasm for the Mission and work of Grassroots
- Participates in supervision, in-service training, and staff meetings
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers and positively contributes to group morale
- Completes all administrative duties including time sheets, leave requests, etc.
- Uses appropriate channels of communication to resolve conflicts with other staff
- Interacts with staff, clients, and visitors in a professional and courteous manner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or AA degree and equivalent experience
- At least 4 years direct service experience required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of homelessness issues a plus
- Supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make sound judgments in crisis situations
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff
- Positive communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Supportive counseling skills
- Shift Supervisors share office and desk space.
- Holiday coverage may be required.
- Hours are Wednesday through Friday, 4 pm – 12am and flexible hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- Shares in on-call coverage
- Overnight travel is not required.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
Salary: $16 to $18 per hour depending on experience
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position Title: Mobile Crisis Team Clinician (Fridays and Backup/Substitute)
Position Description : Mobile Crisis Team Clinician (Licensed as LCSW-C or LCPC ONLY) needed for daytime (8am-4pm) every Friday. Other backup/substitute opportunities are available. Experience in crisis intervention, mental health, and counseling required. Ability to work in fast past environment and complete thorough assessments and crisis intervention in the community. Must have excellent communication skills.
- Collaborating with police to respond to crisis situations in the community
- Performing thorough mental status evaluations/assessments
- Completing comprehensive treatment plans to resolve crisis
- Integrating treatment plans to aftercare plans to reduce future crisis
- In the event of invoking the Emergency Petition, fully completing the Emergency Evaluation document
- Completing thorough and professionally written Mobile Crisis Team Evaluation documents
Send cover letter and resume to Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center at Ssmoley@Grassrootscrisis.org