Volunteer Opportunities – April 2023
Please note all volunteers are required to show proof of COVID vaccinations and the date of a recent flu vaccination for regular positions at both locations. A background check is also required for volunteers at the Freetown Road center.
Location: Crisis Center and Shelter, 6700 Freetown Road, Columbia 21044
Following are openings for individuals 21 years and over:
- Welcome visitors
- Answer the phone
- Hand intake forms to clients and care specialist staff
- Accept donations
- Help with administrative tasks such as mailings and special projects
- Tuesday 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday 10am-12pm
Following are openings for individuals 15 years and over:
- Help sort and organize nonperishable food items for community members assisted by Crisis Services
- Wednesdays – flexible times between 10a – 5pm
- Thursdays – flexible times between 10a – 5pm
- Fridays – flexible times between 10a – 4pm
If you are interested in a position please fill out an application at https://www.volgistics.com/appform/976884442. For questions or more information please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer & In-Kind Donations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531.6006.
Location: Day Resource Center, 10390 Guilford Road, Jessup 20794
Following are openings for individuals 18 years and over:
Positions: shower, laundry, and pantry areas
- 1st and 3rd Mondays 1:30-6pm
- Saturdays, 9:45a-2pm
We prefer volunteers to be available every week but we can be flexible. These opportunities are perfect for college students to retirees. If you or someone you know may be interested, please contact Kathy Piet at email@example.com.