Grassroots and Day Resource Center Volunteer Opportunities
Please note all volunteers are required to show proof of COVID and Influenza vaccinations as of December 1, 2021
Location: Crisis Intervention Center and Shelter, 6700 Freetown Road, Columbia 21044
Following are openings for high school graduates 18 years and over:
Organizer – If you are naturally neat, punctual and detailed and your habits and behaviors in life are ordered, planned and efficient this is a position you may enjoy:
Spaces and Duties
- Storage Room – Help sort and organize donations
- Pantry – Help sort and organize non-perishable food and clothing items for non-resident clients assisted by Crisis Services
- Various – help with a variety of administrative tasks such as filing, sorting, labeling, etc.
- Monday 11a-1pm
- Thursday 3p-5p
Following are openings for individuals 21 years and over:
- Welcoming visitors
- Handing intake forms to clients
- Accepting donations
- Answering the phone
- Helping with administrative tasks such as mailings and special projects.
- Monday 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday 1pm-3pm
- Thursday 1pm-3pm (as of Dec. 1)
At The Day Resource Center
Location: Day Resource Center, 10390 Guilford Road, Suite A, Jessup MD 20794
Following are openings for individuals 18 years and over:
- Pantry Assistant – Assists with food and clothing distribution.
- 1-2 Saturdays per month, 10a-2pm
- Shower and Laundry Monitors – Checks and stocks shower supplies, monitors signup sheets, showers and laundry machines, distributes shower supplies to guests as needed, sanitizes showers between guests, assists guests with laundry procedures and launders shower linens. Available shifts:
- Mondays & Wednesdays 2pm-6pm
- Saturdays 10am-2pm
Volunteers for each position should arrive at least 10 minutes before opening and stay until the guests have left.
For questions or more information please contact Monteith Mitchell, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 531.6006. If you are interested in a position please fill out an application at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=2009537005 and you will be contacted regarding an interview.