- Mental Health First Aid Training
November 14, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Date: November 14
Time: 9am-5pm (hour for lunch break)
Notes: Mental Health First Aid is a full-day training course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. People across the country — in all 50 states and the District of Columbia — are trained in Mental Health First Aid. They know how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and addictions.
This course is delivered by a certified Mental Health First Aid USA instructor who completed a 5-day training and meets certification requirements.
4 Reasons To Become A Mental Health First Aider:
- To be prepared: Just as you learn CPR, learn how to help in a mental health crisis.
- Mental illnesses are common: 1 in 5 adults in any given year
- You care: be there for a friend, family member, or colleague.
- You can help: people with mental illnesses often suffer alone.
Who Takes The Course?
The course helps anyone who wants to learn how to provide initial help to someone who may be experiencing symptoms of a mental illness or in crisis. The course gives people tools to help friends, family members, colleagues, or others in their community.”